VMware Cloud Community
burdweiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hardware health warning - Drive 0 failure?

I'm pretty sure I've got a bad drive in my host server, but I want to see what you guys think. I have not visited our data center yet to verify I've got a blinking light on my server. I read some other info that it might be a database sync error and not an actual drive failure?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riker82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

what about Openmanage? did you install on it? what it says about storage?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

yes, I would confirm by getting physical access to the enclosure, or by connecting to you enclosure remoting to confirm failure or not. You can also reset the sensors to see if the error comes back, but my advise would be to investigate this possible failure a little further

if you found this or any other answer "helpful" or "correct" please consider awarding points.

riker82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

what about Openmanage? did you install on it? what it says about storage?

0 Kudos
burdweiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No OpenManage on the server. I looked into installing the agents, but I'll get around to configuring the DRAC once I get some road blocks (managment) out of my way.

0 Kudos
burdweiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No warning lights on the server. I'm going to attempt to disconnect the server from the cluster and remove it from the infrastructure then re-add it. Maybe it's a database sync issue?

0 Kudos
burdweiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I rebooted the host server and checked on the drivers in the BIOS. Everything looks good. Even the RAID config looks fine. I cannot see any issues with the drives themselves. I have reset the sensors in vCenter with no luck. I have even re-added the host in vCenter. I'm still getting a "Predictive Failure" warning.

Do I need to open a new thread for this?

0 Kudos
bitsorbytes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"Predictive Failure" isn't a failure which is why your not seeing it as failed on the unit. The RAID card would have picked up that its having high levels of errors.

Log a hardware call with Dell to have them replace the drive.

AP

0 Kudos