VMware Cloud Community
sfortuna74
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HP SIM Virtual Machine Management Pack

I was wondering if anyone has had positive experiences using the Virtual Machine Management Pack and whether it provides worthwhile performance\health statistics about the vms as well as the ESX environment....

Thanks -

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JRink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had it for two ESX hosts. I'm not renewing the support or maintenance for it and plan to ditch it. It doesn't seem to be very useful for me at all. We use Foundation, so no VC, HA, VMotion, etc.

I'm also mainly getting rid of it because I've had some weird intermittent problems with backing up my VMs on the hosts that have the VMM agent running. Every few weeks, one of my production VMs will just shutoff during the backup process. None of my other ESX hosts do this, except the two wtih VMM, so I'm guessing it's related.

Just my $.02.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JRink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had it for two ESX hosts. I'm not renewing the support or maintenance for it and plan to ditch it. It doesn't seem to be very useful for me at all. We use Foundation, so no VC, HA, VMotion, etc.

I'm also mainly getting rid of it because I've had some weird intermittent problems with backing up my VMs on the hosts that have the VMM agent running. Every few weeks, one of my production VMs will just shutoff during the backup process. None of my other ESX hosts do this, except the two wtih VMM, so I'm guessing it's related.

Just my $.02.

0 Kudos