VMware Cloud Community
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

HP Management for ESX 3.5: hpmgmt-8.0.0-vmware3x.tgz

Has anyone installed the HP management for ESX 3.5: hpmgmt-8.0.0-vmware3x.tgz? I created the answer file for it, it installed and I can log into the webpage but there is nothing there. I was expecting to be able to see disk drive health, memory health and CPU as well as RIAD card cinfig and stuff like you see in a Windows installation. Or am I expecting too much from it? I figured it should have considering the size of the install > 18MB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have put the 8.0.0 agents on a BL20p G4 and I see everything you would expect to see (disk drive health, memory health and CPU). I installed the agents manually.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have put the 8.0.0 agents on a BL20p G4 and I see everything you would expect to see (disk drive health, memory health and CPU). I installed the agents manually.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
gdesmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had the same problem with previous versions using an answer file. I gave up and installed the agents manually now and I see all of the info I expect on the web pages.

COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Damn...

I was afraid you guys were going to say that. I'll uninstall and reinstall manually and try it.

0 Kudos
vmPUNK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

worked fine for me

just make sure you put something in all the blank fields. i noticed if you skip one of the pair it won't take either one (pair meaning for example rwcommunity and rw mgmt host section)

if you post your snmpd.conf we can probably figure out what went wrong in the automated install

thx

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

WTF....

It works now that I installed it manually!

Damn answer file......lol

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you give me the absolute path to "snmpd.conf" file? I need to change it because I messed up the contact info because the "Num Lock" was not on when I tried to put in my phone#.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vmPUNK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Whay am I getting these object errors...

See attachment

0 Kudos
vmPUNK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is everything else reporting OK?

Do you have your conf file fully set up? here is a sample

dlmod cmaX /usr/lib/libcmaX.so

rwcommunity rw 127.0.0.1

rocommunity ro 127.0.0.1

trapcommunity ro

trapsink localhost ro

syscontact root@localhost

syslocation room1

dlmod SNMPESX /usr/lib/vmware/snmp/libSNMPESX.so

Is hpasm, pegasus, snmpd running?

to check type

service snmpd status

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was a certificate problem. I acepted the Cert in firefox but did not accept in IE and Firefox worked. I installed the Cert in IE and EVERYTHING is working now.

Thanks everyone for all your help on this.

0 Kudos