VMware Cloud Community
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

HP Agents install without SIM

Does anyone know if the is worth installing the HP agents onto ESX if you will not be managing the server with Systems Insight Manager.

Are there any features in the agent which ESX uses to make itself more stable on HP hardware?

Regards

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Subatomic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I agree with java_cat33. Definately install the agents. I would consider getting HPSIM running or some other monitoring system to be able to process SNMP traps. This saves having to repeatedly check the systems management home page, and you'll be aware of hardware issues sooner rather than later.

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points for helpful or correct. Thanks - SA -

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes I would still definitely install the agents. I'm not aware of any features within the agent to make the box more stable..... There's advantages to having the agents installed..... ease of hardware troubleshooting etc via the Systems Management Homepage.

Subatomic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I agree with java_cat33. Definately install the agents. I would consider getting HPSIM running or some other monitoring system to be able to process SNMP traps. This saves having to repeatedly check the systems management home page, and you'll be aware of hardware issues sooner rather than later.

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points for helpful or correct. Thanks - SA -
0 Kudos