VMware Cloud Community
MRP-VM
Contributor
Contributor

HD not identified when Host CD is used

How can I fix this one? I want to boot on the host cd drive where CD is inserted but when I see on BIOS, it doesnt display the VHD also when I ran the windows setup, it doesn't identify that there are existing disk.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
kastlr
Expert
Expert

Hi,

it's not a disk problem, I assume the CD doesn't contain a driver for the BusLogic controller.

Instead of using a BusLogic SCSI Controller, you should use a LSI Logic Controller, as it provide better performance.

Hope this helps.

Ralf

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

what version of windows are your trying to install? If XP, the install CD doesn't have the proper drivers. You need to hit F6 to install 3rd party drivers and then mount the .flp image and hit enter.

download3.vmware.com/software/vmscsi-1.2.0.4.flp

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

what version of windows are you trying to install? If XP, the install CD doesn't have the proper scsi drivers. During the install you have to hit F6 and mount the floppy image.

download3.vmware.com/software/vmscsi-1.2.0.4.flp

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

if you are trying to install XP, the install CD doesn't have the proper scsi drivers. During the install hit F6 and mount the attached .flp and

0 Kudos
MRP-VM
Contributor
Contributor

Great. It really helps. Thanks

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

glad to see you got it resolved.

Please consider awarding points for helpful/correct answers and mark the thread as answered as well.

0 Kudos