VMware Cloud Community
mshaffer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HA setup issue

2 out of the 3 ESX 3.5 servers in one of my clusters fail when I try to enable HA. All 3 servers have the same mem/CPU config and the network config is also the same for all 3. In the summary tab for the cluster the message simply states "Insufficient resources to satisfy HA failover level". The summary tab of the 2 servers that keep failing simply states "HA agent has an error". I have no issues enabling DRS. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The first thing that comes to my head is DNS. I would verify that all host in the HA cluster can resolve each other by FQDN and shortname.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The first thing that comes to my head is DNS. I would verify that all host in the HA cluster can resolve each other by FQDN and shortname.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
adolopo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you checked the logs?

do a "tail -f /var/log/vmkernel" and/or "tail -f /var/log/vmware/vpx/vpxa.log" then Reconfigure HA on the VC. This shoud, at the very least, give you an idea of what's going on.

0 Kudos
mshaffer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was name resolution. I added the FQDN and short names to /etc/hosts on all 3 servers and HA enabled with no problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos