VMware Cloud Community
MZ11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Guides Consolidation plugin missing

Hi,

I updated VC from 2.5 to 2.5 Update 1 and now the Consolidation Button is missing. I can't find a way to access the wizzard. Can someone help me?

MZ1

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

I ran into same issue. If you browse the iso/cd of the 2.5 install. Browse to the vpx folder, and run CapacityPlanner.exe. Once it's done installation, you will need to reboot virtual center.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
snapper_
Contributor
Contributor

I performed the action you described above, but did not solve my missing Consolidation button problem, did you manage to get this resolved?

I opened my VI client on my notebook to the virtual center server, then followed the process of installing the VMWare Converter Enterprise plugin, and enabled it. Seems it must be done for every VI client connected. but also it do not work!

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Go to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\

and remove the following lines from the vpxd.cfg file and rebooted the server.

<vcp2v>

<dontStartConsolidation>true</dontStartConsolidation>

</vcp2v>

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
snapper_
Contributor
Contributor

Supper!!

Thanks, wonder why I did not find that vpx.cfg file

Thanks

0 Kudos
MZ11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks,

this solved the problem.

But analysis is still not working, cause vc-server is a german-install and guided consolidation is only working on englisch OS-version. I don't know why the programmer does use fixed pathes instead of OS-Variables like %WINDIR%.

You do not need to reboot the server, restarting the vc-service is enougth.

MZ1

0 Kudos
ICT-Freak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the solution! I have made a blogpost(dutch) about this issue http://ict-freak.nl/2008/11/25/vmware-missing-consolidation-button/

0 Kudos