Can i force a guest to always start on the same host in a cluster. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chandlm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

HA and DRS settings are controlled differently so you should be able to disable DRS for that one VM but leave HA in place. I do this currently for my VirtualCenter VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chandlm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You could put it there manually and disable DRS for that VM if that's what you are looking for...?

0 Kudos
jaturley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue is that the guest in question is running websense. I am using a dell switch for the mirrored port connection for websense network agent. The dell switch only supports one span port. So if the guest moves to an other host in the cluster the network agent will not work. However websense will still run and web filtering will still take place. So in a situation where the host this guest is running on failed I would want the guest to move to another host. But I would not want DRS to move it to another host. If I set the option you mentioned above will it still be restarted on another host with HA. Thank You

0 Kudos
chandlm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

HA and DRS settings are controlled differently so you should be able to disable DRS for that one VM but leave HA in place. I do this currently for my VirtualCenter VM.

0 Kudos