VMware Cloud Community
Jafo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

FC controler on IBM xSeries (ESX3.5 U4)

Hello,

I'm have to install a FC controler on my IBM xSeries 3550 - 7978. My OS is ESX 3.5 U4.

Could you give my a advice about the best hardware choise.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

We use IBM/Qlogic QLE2460 HBA's in our IBM servers. You can see the supported IBM controllers here-> http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=io&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=&release[]=21&datePosted=-1&ioTypeId[]=5&manufacturer[]=IBM&vid=&did=&svid=&ssid=&rorre=0

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
caciolli
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I think Qlogic and Emulex are both supported on x3550, but I suggest you to ask to your IBM reseller. Use Qlogic or Emulex (if supported) only with IBM part number, this is the best choice not to have issues with IBM support.

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

We use IBM/Qlogic QLE2460 HBA's in our IBM servers. You can see the supported IBM controllers here-> http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=io&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=&release[]=21&datePosted=-1&ioTypeId[]=5&manufacturer[]=IBM&vid=&did=&svid=&ssid=&rorre=0

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Jafo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

I see that QLE2460 have a model "CK" and "E-SP". What model is good for my IBM ?

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

I cant see what the difference is. Try to ask your reseller.

Remember to order the correct PCI model PCI-X (QLA) PCI-Express (QLE)

// Lars Liljeroth

-

0 Kudos