VMware Cloud Community
rocker77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Experiences using vReplicator from Vizioncore to replicate running VM with Virtual Center (including VCDB)?

Hello,

do you have experiences with this DR solution for Virtual Center? I´m worry about database consistency. I would like replicate this VM to remote location.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kix1979
Immortal
Immortal

vReplicator replicates the virtual machine, in this case VC and it's database, in a crash consistent state. This means that there is a potential for the database to be corrupt. In general, this is a very slim chance, in my experience it has yet to happen. What IS possible, is that when the replicated version comes online that you have incomplete transactions, since the write cache in memory wasn't flushed prior to replication. We are fixing this in the next release to allow for VSS integration which will flush the write cache to disk and ensure SQL is consistent before replication begins. In the mean time I would recommend for testing that you restrict your resources, this maxing out the VC server, and try to replicate it with the free trial. If you can successfully do this with no corruption you should be fine in the interim until the VSS integration is done.

Kix @ Vizioncore

Thomas H. Bryant III