VMware Cloud Community
crendall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Exchange 2007 - 100% CPU

I'm in the process of upgrading my ESX 3.0.1 servers to 3.5. When I had my ESX 3.5 build 77234 finished I Vmotioned my Exchange 2007 server to the new server. I noticed the CPU utilization was around 100%, sometimes staying at 100% for several minutes. When I Vmotioned the Exchange server back to my 3.0.1 server the CPU utilization went back to the single digits. Moved it back to the ESX 3.5 server and it went back to 100%, moved it back to ESX 3.0.1 and CPU went down to single digits again.

Anyone else have this issue? I'd like to upgrade all my ESX server to 3.5, but I can't until I get this Exchange issue fixed.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ac57846
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Was the inital move a DRS migration? If so take a look at VMwareWolf's post at and teh fix in the KB article

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ac57846
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Was the inital move a DRS migration? If so take a look at VMwareWolf's post at and teh fix in the KB article

0 Kudos
crendall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That fixed my CPU usage problem! I edited the vpxd.cfg file on VirtualCenter and restarted the service and when I Vmotion my Exchange server the CPU usage stays in the single digits.

0 Kudos