VMware Cloud Community
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error During add a host

Dear All

I am facing an error when creating an (add a host) after giving host name -> login -> and password it went in to progress after some time it shows error.

attachment is attached for referance.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbanusife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've had the same problem with 3.5 hosts being added. I've solved this problem by executing "service mgmt--vmware restart"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
wgardiner
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Looks like a connectivity problem between your virtual centre server and your esx host. Have you opened up all the required FW ports.?

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I would also check the /etc/hosts file on the ESX you are trying to add, also from you VC server see if you can ping the ESX host both by IP and hostname.

0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear Wgardiner,

Thank you for your reply after processing ..processing ..processing it gives me error "FAILED TO INSTALL THE VIRTUALCENTER AGENT SERVICE" in addition to your mail durring client installation it was totally default installation and all the requried FW ports are open.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
mbanusife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've had the same problem with 3.5 hosts being added. I've solved this problem by executing "service mgmt--vmware restart"

0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear all

I Have solved the Problem. thanks

adeel Imtiaz

0 Kudos
mbanusife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Would you mind sharing how??

0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have restarted the service "service mgmt--vmware restart"

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

0 Kudos