VMware Cloud Community
twabscs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Enterprise Convert

Hi all,

I've been fighting for several days now to get Enterprise converter to work. I'm down the the error "Unable to Connect to Enterprise Converter Server" when I right-click and try to "Import Machine..." within VC. I've followed all the KB articles that I could find and have look in what logs I could find with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

"Yes, after reading many KBs I was finally able to get the converter installed and the plugin to load and finally was able to enable it" thought you've fixed it but have you try restart Vmware converter services? If not just try the standalone version to see if it work?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Were you successfully installed VMware P2V Enterprise converter and enable the plugin or get any error logs at all? Have you try using Standalone P2V Converter it should be the same process. I would try to restart VMware Converter services, or repair installation or worse case, remove and reinstall it again often time it fix the issue.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
twabscs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, after reading many KBs I was finally able to get the converter installed and the plugin to load and finally was able to enable it. I have both converters installed and my goal is to convert a number of VMWare Server images to ESX. Are the specific logs I should be looking for?

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I'm glad you've resolved your problem and here is the path to the logs C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Converter Enterprise\Logs

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
twabscs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry, but no I'm still having the issue. The above post was to provide background. Everything is installed, but I cannot perform an import because of the originally posted error "Cannot connect to the Enterprise Converter Server..."

Thanks.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

"Yes, after reading many KBs I was finally able to get the converter installed and the plugin to load and finally was able to enable it" thought you've fixed it but have you try restart Vmware converter services? If not just try the standalone version to see if it work?

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos
twabscs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Stefan, the restart is what I needed.

0 Kudos