VMware Cloud Community
matarvai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX3.5 won't find DELL MD3000i iscsi

We are trying to install Vmware 3.5 to customer site. Customer has Dell MD3000 as iscsi and we cannot get it to work. We are able to get Dell management interface and create RAID arrays, but we cannot access the arrays with any vmware host. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ctfoster
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You'll need to give a bit more information on exactly how far you have reached in the installation following these procedures and what errors you are getting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ctfoster
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You'll need to give a bit more information on exactly how far you have reached in the installation following these procedures and what errors you are getting.

0 Kudos
Gabrie1
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi

I read somewhere that there were problems when the full dns iScsi name was more then 31 characters.

Gabrie

http://www.GabesVirtualWorld.com
0 Kudos
matarvai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After little rebooting and config changes I did get the vmware to see the raid arrays. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
KGMan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What changes to the config did you make...I am having the same issue and have checked all the normal stuff (names, etc)...

Any ideas would be great.

0 Kudos
KyawH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Normally, you have to enable iSCSI software client on ESX 3.5 hosts on properties of security profiles on configuration page. Then add iSCSI targets on Dynamic discovery tab of properties of Software iSCSI adaptors.

From the storage part, under iSCSI tab of MDSM, you've got to uncheck the box that says "only accept know connections" or something like that.

-

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos