VMware Cloud Community
ghafary
Contributor
Contributor

ESX3.5 & HP MSA2212fc

Hi all,

I am installing new HP MSA2212fc. It is connected thru a SAN switch to 2 DL360G4 servers running ESX3.5.

I configured 2 Vdisks on the MSA. Each is showing as controlled by a different controller. When i do a rescan, one LUN is detected (controlled by Controller B) while the other one is not showing.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Dany...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is the Virtual Disk owner on each vDisk. You can set this to Auto rather than specifying Controller A or Controller B.

This should sort it out. Doing this from memory so appologise if I am not totally acurate.

John

ghafary
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jhon,

Thanks for your help, I found an option to change Vdisk onwer to Controller B not to Auto.

When I did this, both LUNs were available.

Does this mean that Controller A is not active or is there anything wrong in the setup ?

Regards

0 Kudos
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sounds like there is an issue with ControllerA. Are you using 2 SAN switches and connecting the 2 fibre ports on each controller to separate SAN switches?

Could also be a zoning issue on your SAN switch. Do you have both controllers specified in you zone?

0 Kudos
ghafary
Contributor
Contributor

I am using one SAN switch configured without zones and both controllers are connected to it.

I found a nice discussion about the same topic at:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626124747607385228353475&threadId=1269706

Dany...

0 Kudos