VMware Cloud Community
rayvd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESX tells me there's a battery alert -- Battery Status: Fully Charged

Setting up a couple of IBM x3850 M2's. ESX gives an alert about the battery on controller 0. The reading is "Battery Status: Fully Charged". Obviously ESX is miscategorizing this as an error condition. Smiley Happy Anyone have any idea how to clear this up or override it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

try to "reset sensors" or if that doesn't work at the service console of the ESX Host in question issue:

>service pegasus restart

rayvd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. It stays red, though the message will sometimes alternate between "Fully Charged" and "Learning".

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

FYI!

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
rayvd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you. Looks like I'll need to wait until Update 5.

0 Kudos
itburnout
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue on 5x Dell poweredge 2950iii's. All 5 show bad battery status on the raid controller.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

your server use ServeRAid Mr10k ?

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
vm-au-user
Contributor
Contributor

Well...I have the same issue and our server uses the MR10K

0 Kudos