VMware Cloud Community
oasisinin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESX restarts with vmkwarning

ESX 3.5.0, 213532

H/W : IBM 3850 M2

VMKWarning

Jun 15 09:51:53 xxxxxxx vmkernel: TSC: 6554271317 cpu0:0)WARNING: IOAPIC: 600: ioapic 0, version 32 does not match ioapic0 version 17

Jun 15 09:52:29 xxxxxxx vmkernel: 0:00:00:03.772 cpu0:1024)WARNING: PCI: 1175: 255:00.0 8086:0001 0000:0000 bad primary 255 or secondary 0

Can someone help me explaining about these errors?

Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
whinshaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like you may have a bad hard drive. Have you checked to see if there are any scsi issues in the ibm raid manager?

If you find this information useful, please award points for

"correct"

or "helpful".

Wes Hinshaw

www.myvmland.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". Wes Hinshaw www.myvmland.com
oasisinin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Wes

Is there any trick to check Raid manager logs/errors without bumping the server?

Appreciate it

0 Kudos
whinshaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunely you will have to reboot to get in the IBM Array Manager. I hope you aren't totally down right now. Your message seemed to indicate it was just a warning. You also might want to see if you need to upgrade the SCSI controller. There may be an issue there. If you have warranty, talk to your IBM support. Just to see if there are any updates you can do. Keep me posted.

If you find this information useful, please award points for

"correct"

or "helpful".

Wes Hinshaw

www.myvmland.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". Wes Hinshaw www.myvmland.com
0 Kudos
Varunsh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Use IBM director to monitor the IBM server hardware, It will fetch the hardware status of your server and you will come to know the hardware issue.

0 Kudos