VMware Cloud Community
Tallies
Contributor
Contributor

ESX not recognising VMFS Volumes on HP MSA 1500 after removing Datastore from ESX Server

Hi Can some one please assist

I currently have a MSA1500 with 2 xVMFS Volumes that i had to take down so i could move the MSA to a new location,I followed the correct procedure to unpresent the datstores from my ESX Hosts/Cluster and after moving the MSA i powered everything back up now my ESX Hosts refuse to see the VMFS Volumes,I can see the paths thru the console using the VMKFStools command after running the Fdisk -l command ive noticed that the ESX hosts arent recognising the Luns as VMFS Volumes,Thru Virtual Centre it sees it as Blank Disk ,The volumes werent added as extends neither a RDM's

Ive came across a article where they say it might be that ESX sees it as a Snapshot LUN and that you need to resignature the LUN..'

Im cautios of taking this approach as this is in a Live Production environment and dont want to have the risk of loosing connection to my other Datastores when doing this..'

Regards

MT

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sat1979hya
Contributor
Contributor

On the advanced setting in the configuration panel, in VMFS3 enable vmfs3.open without journel and rescan the storage adapter and check whether your vfs volume get displayed and accessible.

0 Kudos