VMware Cloud Community
eldingo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX host not accessible

Hello All:

I lost connectivity to my ESX 3.5 host, I cannot connect directly via VI client or throught Virtual Center Server, not even through web browser. But I am able to ping the server. I can also access it from the console and putty. Where should I start troubleshooting. Is there a way I can check the disk space on the host? I wonder if the disk is full, recently I copied some iso images to \vmimages directory.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After restarting mgmt-vmware service it is also advised to restart following services on ESX:

service vmware-vpxa restart

service vmware-vmkauthd restart

command to check disk space is vdf -h (if will also show disk space on vmfs volume (datastores)

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Datto
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

At the console of your ESX host, type df -h followed by the enter key and see if you've filled up your ESX host hard drive. If so, delete some of the ISO files that you just copied over.

You may just need to restart the management console with:

1. service mgmt-vmware restart

and see if that will get you re-connecting to your ESX host. Don't type the # sign.

Datto

mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After restarting mgmt-vmware service it is also advised to restart following services on ESX:

service vmware-vpxa restart

service vmware-vmkauthd restart

command to check disk space is vdf -h (if will also show disk space on vmfs volume (datastores)

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
eldingo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mlubinski and datto, that did it. Thanks so much for your help.

0 Kudos
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you're welcome Smiley Happy

0 Kudos