VMware Cloud Community
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

ESX Server looses network connection

Hi @all!

I'm really going crazy on this:

I recently installed 2 ESX 3.01 Servers on 2 Dell PowerEdge 2950 Servers. One is running perfectly, but the other one seems to have a very strange network problem:

Every few minutes it looses the connection to all services. SSH, VC, VIClient, ESXupdates - no matter which appilication is connected to the esx, the connection is interrupted. A Ping still answers, but what changes is the TTL of the ICMP Packet, in the moment the connection goes down it switches from 64 to 128. The VMs running on this ESX are still running and are stil reachable within the network, it doesn't seem to affect them. And then, after a few seconds or even after a hole hour the ttl goes back to 64 and everything works fine, again.

I already tried to install all avialbale Patches which is very hard to complete when the connection breaks off every couple of minutes Smiley Wink

Anyone got an idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Gerrit Lehr

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

Sorry, folks, we got it Smiley Happy

The damn IP address was given to another host,too.

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos