VMware Cloud Community
ChaosEnvy
Contributor
Contributor

ESX Hosts.. I can no longer ping them.

Hello,

We have 4 ESX hosts, and another 5 that I am about to setup. The 4 in question have been active for over a year atleast. They have all the current updates installed. Last weekend there was a power failure, but the UPS systems kept everything running long enough and the hosts never did go down. The problem I am having now is the I can no long Ping my esx hosts, using short name, long name, or by IP. The tables on the routers have been rebuilt and do show active registrations to the mac address of the esx hosts. I've reboot the hosts, and the ip was pingable on three of them for about 5 minutes, then back to nothing. I put in a support request and completed a webex session yesterday. Seems if I ssh into each host using the secondary service console that i have setup on a 10. network, the hosts become pingable again, but only for a few minutes. Each host has an ip assigned from one of out class c subnets.

In the vic, I cannot edit setting or open a console to view the machines, but I am still able to use Remote Desktop.

Anyhow have any ideas on what would be causing this and what my resolution may be.

Thank you,

Big D

0 Kudos
0 Replies