VMware Cloud Community
d3l0n
Contributor
Contributor

ESX External/Internal Network

Hello,

I have created a image on an ESX server that uses two IP addresses, external (84.X.X.X) and internal (192.X.X.X). How can I make each IP go out through different physical NIC?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gary1012
Expert
Expert

Does image equal virtual machine? If so, you'll have to create two separate vSwitches with port groups as that's the only way to ensure that separate physical NICs are used. Once done, you can install two virtual NICs in the VM that participates in each network (port group).

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
d3l0n
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I mean by image virtual machine, I should use VM instead of image I guess :).

I've created a vswitch, but am not sure how I can connect the external cards to that vswitch.

Any help?

0 Kudos
gary1012
Expert
Expert

Open up VIC and find your host. Select it and then find the configuration tab. Find the hardware section in the middle and select networking. Go to the virtual switch that you want to add the NIC to and select properties. That will open up a dialog box. Find the Network Adapters tab and the select Add. You should see all of the unassigned physical NICs there.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos