VMware Cloud Community
tobiasroedig
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5 to U3 upgrade

Hi!

I need to update an ESX 3.5 installation to U3. As I understand, I just need to burn the U3 iso image on a CD and boot with it. The installer will automatically recognize the old version and offer an update. Is this correct? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks

Tobias

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

it shouldn't cause any issues just make sure when you get to the disk portion of the upgrade select leave vmfs partiitions - and for the guide you want to check out the minor upgrade sections -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That is pretty much it - for more detailed information check out re.com/pdf/vi3_35/esx_3/r35u2/vi3_35_25_u2_upgrade_guide.pdf

tobiasroedig
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I read the update guide but couldn't find anything towards updating from 3.5 to U3. The Server has one large Raid 10 with all the virtual machines in the same partition as the esx files. Is that a problem for updating?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

it shouldn't cause any issues just make sure when you get to the disk portion of the upgrade select leave vmfs partiitions - and for the guide you want to check out the minor upgrade sections -

0 Kudos