VMware Cloud Community
peaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5: Manual migration timed out, after 10%

Hello

Have 3 ESX 3.5.0, 176894 servers (Dell 2950) in cluster. HA and DRS is enabled. Have updated the ESX servers and done a Reconfigure for HA. But when doing a manual migration of machines, the operation times out at 10%. All validations succeeded.

If I shut down the guest, the migration is OK.

The migration is beeing done from VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5.0, 119826.Running VMware Virtual Center 2.5.0, 147633

Attached is summary page from Infrastructure Client

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cybulsk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sounds like a vmkernel problem, have you verified VMotion network connectivity? The validation check doesnt actually verify vmotion connectivity between the two hosts. Have you tried to use vmkping to verify vmotion conectivity between hosts from the SC?]

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do you have proper name resolution configured (either by DNS/hosts)?

You can try this tips: vmotion fails at 10%

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
cybulsk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sounds like a vmkernel problem, have you verified VMotion network connectivity? The validation check doesnt actually verify vmotion connectivity between the two hosts. Have you tried to use vmkping to verify vmotion conectivity between hosts from the SC?]

0 Kudos
MikeS1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you post a screen shot of you're virtual networking setup?

Mike.

0 Kudos
peaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Attached some screenshots

0 Kudos
peaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Will try to check trough the link you posted to day. Thx

0 Kudos
peaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Case closed. After using VMKping I discovered that one of my ESX 3.5 servers had wrong config in the VMkernel Config. Now migration is working well. Thank you everyone for help!

0 Kudos