VMware Cloud Community
Elefanten
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.0 connect to share

Hello

I have a Windows XP running workstation 6 that is running 1 ESX 3.0 server. I am connecting to the ESX with Infrastructure Client 2.0.

I have created a share on the Windows XP where i have my ISO files on.

How can i connect to the Windows XP machine from ESX so i can use the ISO's to create new virtual machines ?

What is the best method of doing this ?

Elefanten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wgardiner
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I dont believe you can connect to a normal windows share from ESX.

You'll need to move the ISO files to some shared storage that ESX can see, ie NFS, SAN etc. Or you can copy the ISO file you want to use directly to your ESX server using a product like Veeam Fast SCP. But I would recommend creating an ISO repository on your shared storage as best practice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wgardiner
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I dont believe you can connect to a normal windows share from ESX.

You'll need to move the ISO files to some shared storage that ESX can see, ie NFS, SAN etc. Or you can copy the ISO file you want to use directly to your ESX server using a product like Veeam Fast SCP. But I would recommend creating an ISO repository on your shared storage as best practice.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

wgardiner is correct you can not connect to windows share directly from an ESX server -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful