VMware Cloud Community
crush
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESX 3.0.1 Guests Freeze

Hi @ all

Our Problem is the following:

Some of our guests have the problem, that they occasionally freeze. That means the guests don't respond to any network query (for example a ping) and the console is black.

When I open the console in the Virtual Infrastructure Client and use the mouse or keyboard the guest continue working normal.

There is neither in the Eventviewer of the Virtual Infrastructure Client nor in the Eventviewer of the guest OS something special noticed. There are also any of the powersaving options disabled and the newest VMware Tools installed.

Our Environment:

ESX 3.0.1

Virtual Infrastructure 2.0.1

The OS of the affected guest are "Windows 2000 Professional" and "Windows Server 2003 Standard"

Has/Had anyone the same problem?

PS: sorry for my probably not correct english... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
22 Replies
krjhitch
Contributor
Contributor

I've been seeing this intermittent problem on my production VMs as well (VM lockup, unresponsive from the console), it's been almost impossible to troubleshoot.

I'm tempted to try your recommendation, but when I do searches for lsilogic.reflectIntrMask, I don't get any results except for this post. I was expecting to find other articles, or whitepapers, or something that would help me confirm that the syntax/purpose of that command was correct, but I don't get any results.

Do you know if anything like that exists?

0 Kudos
deep123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am facing the same problem, same socket error in the vmware log files. Were you able to find a fix? Or did you try the fix provided by Sreenath. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
coco26
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here, solution anyone?

0 Kudos