VMware Cloud Community
SecureDotCom
Contributor
Contributor

ERROR A File Was Not Found

Hi,

I shut down one of my VM's and when i tried to restart it I keep getting the "a file not found" error. I can not figure out why "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any assistance is appreicated. attached is the vmware log and the vmx file.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amnexi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I suppose you've already checked that this vmdk (and the associated -flat disk) exists:

"/vmfs/volumes/48b99388-10c250ec-b5cf-001e0bd9520a/MTKPCIDB/MTKPCIDB-Shared.vmdk"

I see one disk is called "quorum" and this one "shared", so I assume you're trying to make a MSCS to work and mayber you've tried to assign -Shared.vmdk to another VM.

If you're trying the "Cluster in a box" approach, you need to create special disks for sharing with this command:

vmkfstools -c 1G -a lsilogic -d thick /vmfs/volumes/...../whatever.vmdk

(in this example, you create a 1GB disk)

After that, you can add the vmdk to more than one VM, from "Edit Settings", WITHOUT checking the "Independent" option. In the SCSI controller options, you need to check "Virtual" in "SCSI Bus Sharing".

Regards

0 Kudos
SecureDotCom
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose you've already checked that this vmdk (and the associated -flat disk) exists:

"/vmfs/volumes/48b99388-10c250ec-b5cf-001e0bd9520a/MTKPCIDB/MTKPCIDB-Shared.vmdk"

How do i go about confirming this? Where could I find it? Where should it be?

I see one disk is called "quorum" and this one "shared", so I assume you're trying to make a MSCS to work and mayber you've tried to assign -Shared.vmdk to another VM.

Where did you find this "quorum" disk?

0 Kudos
SecureDotCom
Contributor
Contributor

Also here is what i have in my datastore:

vmware-60.log

vmware-61.log

MTKPCIDB01.nvram

vmware-62.log

vmware-63.log

vmware-59.log