VMware Cloud Community
ChrisLopes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deployment of template

Hi,

I have a template windows 2003 Installed anc converted. have extract to deloy.cab to retrieve the sysprep and put int he vc installation folder for that particular OS.

Would like to what what is the impliaction if I select "Do not customize"? Does SID differs from existing template? Does the machine name remain the same the template.

Let say if I the windows 2003 is a MICROSOFT SELECT CD which have no CD Key, what if When i select customize, will the system pompt me for the cd key?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The settings are cloned as stated previously. The SID/name will all remain the same. You can use newsid after you clone, or you can customize and run sysprep. When you customize, you get the options for customizations, which includes the product key. If you do not specify a key in your customization file, and there isn't already a key, then you will be prompted for that portion of the setup.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HoosierCAB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

From what I've seen recently (just getting into templating), if you don't customize, the SID and all other properties of the "cloned" VM remain the same. As for the Select CD key issue, I haven't had select access in many years, but if they haven't changed that process, the sysprep tools should notice that the product is already keyed and just skip that step.

kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The settings are cloned as stated previously. The SID/name will all remain the same. You can use newsid after you clone, or you can customize and run sysprep. When you customize, you get the options for customizations, which includes the product key. If you do not specify a key in your customization file, and there isn't already a key, then you will be prompted for that portion of the setup.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos