VMware Cloud Community
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deploy a VM from Template permission errors

Im running VC 2.5 with a ESX 3.5 host configured and if i connect to VC using the windows local admin account i dont have any problems deploying a template to the ESX host.

Ive configured a permission on the ESX host to allow certain windows domain account to be ADMINITRATORS at the ESX host level but when i try to deploy a VM from template i get hidious errors

"Exception of type "Vmoni.Fault.NoPermission' was was thrown"

Anyone come across this before ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A found another post which shows the exact same error but not related to deploying VMs from template, http://communities.vmware.com/thread/120205

Ive tried the suggested work around but i still get a general "Permission Denied" at the "Finish" Step.

Any suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
EJBoer
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same error when users which have custom permissions in VirtualCenter are trying to deploy a virtual machine from a template.

This happens after the upgrade from VC 2.0.2 to VC 2.5, before it is working ok.

The users only had read-only permissions on the Datacenter, the permissions were not propagated. When I enabled Propagate they could deploy templates again. Seems VC wants to read the entire Datacenter structure, and when the user does not have access, an exception is thrown.

0 Kudos