VMware Cloud Community
siu07jn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Datastore name already exists

Hi,

I have 3 hosts in my cluster and I'm trying to add a 4th. The host I'm trying to add was previously part of the cluster but it was removed a few weeks ago because it was being used someplace else. I've since reinstalled ESX and trying to re-add it to the cluster.

When I try and add an NFS datastore to the host named "NAS-Storage" it is added but automatically renamed to "NAS-Storage (1)", if I try and rename it without the (1) I get an error message....  "The name NAS-Storage already exists". The other 3 hosts are currently connected to the datastore with no problems.

How do I fix this?

I've tried restarting the host, restarting the Infastructure service and renaming the datastore on the other hosts to something else.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maishsk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums.

Make sure you are adding the datastore in with exactly the same name/IP and path name as those mounted on the other hosts

You can get the exact mount point by running

esxcfg-nas -l

Maish

VMTN Moderator | vExpert

Author of VMware vSphere Design

@maishsk | My Blog

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
maishsk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums.

Make sure you are adding the datastore in with exactly the same name/IP and path name as those mounted on the other hosts

You can get the exact mount point by running

esxcfg-nas -l

Maish

VMTN Moderator | vExpert

Author of VMware vSphere Design

@maishsk | My Blog

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design
0 Kudos
siu07jn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Damn, what a dumb mistake! I had the right IP but was putting an '/' before the folder name, whereas all the others didn't have this :smileycry:

All good now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos