VMware Cloud Community
skroesen
Contributor
Contributor

DL580 G4 and ESX 3.0.1

I have a HP DL580 with the A8003A (FC2242SR) HBA. When booting to ESX 3.0.1 it errors with lpfcdd_732 Failed. -19.

ESX 3.0 worked fine on this server at one point. In reading on these errors, firmware revisions on the HBAs have been a problem in the past. HP shows 2.50a2 as current. The server shows version 2.50a6. I am assuming the a6 means it is a newer version? Anyone seen this on the server/HBA?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kevin79
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get yours working?

0 Kudos
Bastien_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here

Remember: If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Bastien_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just an update on my situation... Still fighting with this with HP and Vmware support. One thing that works for me.. it's cold boot. When i cold boot the system, the HBA shows ok in vmware. If i do a simple restart... problem back.

I'll check with hp.

Any luck on your side?

Remember: If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Bastien_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All right. Victory on my side. Had to put the hp linux firmware for the hba.

Everything seems fine now... Let's hope it stays that way Smiley Happy

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

0 Kudos
Bastien_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi. Well, now a new issue with my network card (NC340T pci-x 4-port)... The hba seems to work fine but now my server is down on the network side. No service console access and cannot ping anything.

0 Kudos
ms19
Contributor
Contributor

I also too have the issue, it also hangs on the post screen for a while on boot of the box, using a DL580 G4, takes around 10-15 mins to get to VMware but cold booting solves this, this is not ideal as we don't use the ILO, is this firmware upgrade now a positive fix for this issue?

Message was edited by:

ms19

0 Kudos
Bastien_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

Yop in our case the HP linux firmware a04 solve the issue for the slow boot/non detection of the hba in vmware.

Work without problem now. I also solve my problem with the network card also.. Pretty sure it wasnt related.

0 Kudos
ms19
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent, Thanks for quick reply.

0 Kudos