VMware Cloud Community
daikyu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DL385 G1 health status somehow incorrect

hi community

please see attached screenshot, as all of the components are GREEN the overall status in my VC is reported YELLOW (warning) and the Hardware-status Alarm gets triggered ...

whats wrong ?

regards&thanks ,peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

restarting the virtual center agent on the host(s) in question will probably fix the false positive

from the service console type:

service vmware-vpxa restart

daikyu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

that was quick, thanks!

tried that, also readded the host to VC and then directly connected to the ESX to clearify this is a hosts issue. also the host only is reporting the "false positive"

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

did you "reset sensors"? Also, I don't know if it will work or not, but did you try to disable all the alarms on the host(s) and then enable them again?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

one other thing... do you have the IM agents running on the host(s) in question? If so, you verified there is nothing showing up as degraded?

daikyu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

yeah, i tried to reset but in a second it shows up false positive again.

i reenabled the alarm, bus as stated above the error shows up on the host alone also.

could be a HP SIM or BIOS related "false positive" ? i dont guess the HP agent wants something an trys to parse tru ... ?

0 Kudos
daikyu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

troy, i think you are absoluteley right the HP SIM indicates a disconnected NIC.

fascinating that it tries to tell me something which doesnt show up in the status window. :smileylaugh:

THANKS, anyhow i will connect this NIC again and see what happens, i am currently not onsite.

now i know a little bit more of how the "health status" feature works.its just some sort of parsing thru the SIM data ? good to know that.

thumbs up, sir!

0 Kudos