VMware Cloud Community
osiris355
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Couple of questions about mountvm and vcbmounter

Im getting the unextpected arguement encountered error when trying to mount a vmdk file with mountvm

Here's my syntax:

mountvm -d E:\VMbackups\Friday\SVR4\scsi0-1-0-Production Terminal Server.vmdk -sysdl -cycleId E:\VMbackups\mnt

I also have a question about vcmmounter.

This syntax gives me both file server vmdks and base server 2003 vmdks. I just want the file server VMDKs. The base os is on disk1 while the data I want is on disk2. Is it possible to just take a snapshot of disk2?

vcbmounter -h 192.168.1.250 -u **** -p **** -a ipaddr:192.168.1.246 -r e:\vmbackups\wednesday -t fullvm -m san

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since the VMDK name contains spaces you need to enclose it in double quotes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since the VMDK name contains spaces you need to enclose it in double quotes.

0 Kudos
osiris355
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot thats exactly what I was doing wrong. Im still confused on how I can just take a snapshot of disk 2 instead of both with vcbmounter.

vcbmounter -h 192.168.1.250 -u **** -p **** -a ipaddr:192.168.1.246 -r e:\vmbackups\wednesday -t fullvm -m san

This syntax does both disks. Can you point it to just one?

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

AFAIK the only option to prevent a snapshot of one disk is to set the disk to independent-persistent.

This however will disable all snapshots of that disk, not only vcb related ones.

I'm not even sure if vcbmounter can handle that scenario.

0 Kudos
osiris355
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shoot thats not what I wanted to here. Disk 1s data rarely changes and disk 2s does daily.

0 Kudos