VMware Cloud Community
Eire09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Converting Windows 2000 Server issue using VM Converter Standard

Hi,

I'm running into a problem converting a Windows 2000 server from P2V. I'm running VM Converter version 4.0. I've successfully migrated Windows NT boxes & Windows 2003 but unfortunately I've hit a brick wall with our one and only Windows 2K box.

When I run converter it is failing after 2% and I'm getting the following errors:

- Failed: Agent.internal.fault.PlatformError.Summary

-Error: Failed to clone volume c:

Has anyone come across issues like this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FigTP
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me a couple of times during a P2V of a win 2k server. Check the following;

- Did the Converter agent service stop unexpectedly on the source (could be not enough space on the C drive)

- Is there any form of software raid on the 2K server. On ours the C drive was mirrored and breaking it was the only way to do a successful conversion.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Below is a link to a decent troubleshooting write up for the error you received.

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
mike_laspina
Champion
Champion

Hi,

The answer is usually found on the converter agent logs.

On the host being converted look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Converter\Logs

vExpert 2009

http://blog.laspina.ca/ vExpert 2009
0 Kudos