VMware Cloud Community
DheereshLodhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Consultancy Audit Report

Hi All,

I just joined new Company and got a project to review their Virtual Environment. I used to work on VMware's problem and Service request before joining this company hence I would say this type of review is new for me.

I have almost done this revew and came to know lots of improvement areas in their existing setup. Now, chalage in from of me is that I don't know how to represent this data in fron't of my managment, some standart format must be their to represent this data.

Would request all of you to please help me getting represent this data or provide some data representation format.

Thanks in advance and would appreciate your help!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
arturka
Expert
Expert

Hi

I don't know if there is any draft for healthcheck but if your company is a VMware partner or you know someone who's working as VMware consultant, you can use VMware Health Analyzer Appliance, this tool is only for VMware partners. How does it works ? Is a Linux appliance Analyzer software installed on it, it's analysing your environment, comparing with Best Practices and it's generating very nice report Smiley Happy

Take have a look at Duncan

- very nice post which is giving you some clue where to start looking for.

BTW, you should add yellow-bricks.com to your bookmarks Smiley Wink

cheers

Artur

visit my blog

if my answer it's useful click some stars Smiley Happy

VCDX77 My blog - http://vmwaremine.com
0 Kudos
sabya1232003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Dheerash,

There is no free tool analyze and report out the VMware infra.May be you can try some 3rd party s/w but the presentation has to be done manually.Not heard of any such tool.You can also prepare a good performance analysis and reporting from vCenter.After exporting the performance chart from vCenter ..you can create good graphical reports that may help to start things on your own ...i do this way only .. :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

It may not give you everything you want, but it does a pretty good job of capturing quite a bit of information about your infrastructure:

VI 3.5 -

vSphere 4.x -

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009,2010

VMware scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

Getting Started with the vMA (tips/tricks)

Getting Started with the vSphere SDK for Perl

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos