VMware Cloud Community
ederaco
Contributor
Contributor

Consolidated Backup working/ VI 2.5 no showing tasks being performed

I have consolidated backup working with Backupexec 11d. My pre-script is working correctly and creating a snapshot, then mounting to my VCB server correctly, backupexec is taking the backup, Post-script unmounts then deletes snapshot correctly. I can verify in the Vi center Snapshot Manager that a snapshot has been created, and then later removed. For some odd reason im not seeing this reported in the tasks. When testing a day earlier I was able to see tasks at hand, today I have seen nothing reported. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Did you look through tasks and events? They can get moved off of active pretty quickly, and the level which you are looking at can make a difference as well. Meaning, look at cluster or host level, then tasks. The vm tasks/events should have it also.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
ederaco
Contributor
Contributor

I have looked at both levels, and watched as i ran the backup. Even if i did miss them, theres a location where the tasks iniated are recorded so i can see what has happened. Anything else that might not show whats being done?

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Check the log on the esx host itself. Log into the service console, and check the /var/log/vmkernel log to see if you are seeing the updates there. Are you also checking in vc, or connecting to esx directly?

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
ederaco
Contributor
Contributor

I had the config.js pointing directly to the esx host, when I actually needed it to point to the Proxy server running the VI center. Thanks

0 Kudos