VMware Cloud Community
bawilhelm
Contributor
Contributor

Consolidated Backup 1.5 problem

I am having a problem with consolidated backup 1.5. We are using ESX 3.5.

I am issuing command line mounts with the vcbmounter command. When mounting for FULLVM backup everything works fine. When mounting for file level backup it works the first time, but will not work a consecutive time unless I stop the "Vmware Virtual Mount Manager Extended" (vmount2.exe) service. II had also installed the Converter utility on the Consolidated Backup server and thought maybe that was interferring with VCB, so I have uninstalled it, but the problem remains. Below are the commands I am using:

To Mount:

vcbmounter -h vcserver -u username -p password -a ipaddr:vmname -r g:\mnt\+vmname+ -t file -m "san"

To Unmount

vcbmounter -h vcserver -u username -p password -U g:\mnt\+vmname+ -t file -m "san"

If I stop the Vmware Virtual Mount Manager Extended service and issue the mount command everything is fine

I then issue the Unmount command. Snapshots clear from the VM, mount directories are deleted

the mount service is still running

If I issue the mount command again it fails with:

2009-03-11 09:39:20.204 'vcbMounter' 3020 error Error: Cannot mount volume 1, Cannot open virtual storage driver. Make sure it is running..

2009-03-11 09:39:20.204 'vcbMounter' 3020 error An error occurred, cleaning up...

Stopping the mount service resolves the problem. Is the mount service supposed to stop after the VM is unmounted, or is the mount service just not resetting itself?

Thanks for your input

Brent

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bawilhelm
Contributor
Contributor

I have resolved the problem. I had set up my service to run under a domain account with admin privs. Based on some input from another thread I changed the service to run under the system account and the service now works properly.

0 Kudos
gt2718
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. A reboot of the VCB proxy machine fixed the issue.

0 Kudos