VMware Cloud Community
Tembit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Connect ESX to 2 or more iSCSI targets?

Hello,

is it possible to connect an ESX server to 2 or more iSCSI targets (different physical iSCSI servers)? If yes, is it possible with the software initiator or does it requires hardware initiator? I remember I was trying with software initiator in the past and it was not working. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As the other poster indicated it is possible and you can use either the software or hardware intiator

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeromeWentink
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is possible to connect to physical different targets, as long as they are reachable by the ESX hosts.

Tembit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I do that via software initiator?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As the other poster indicated it is possible and you can use either the software or hardware intiator

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Tembit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you both!

0 Kudos