VMware Cloud Community
maquinaloca
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot connect with iScsi

i am trying to connect esx server to a storage array using isci. I have followed all the instructions per vmware on how to connect and everything looks fine on both ends but still the initiator cannot find the target. I am not sure if the issue is on the esx side or on the san side. As troubleshooting steps is there a command line I can run on the esx server to determine where the issue is.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you vmkping the ISCSI target from the SC?

Have you checked the ACLs on the ISCSI Target?

weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Are you running ESX or ESXi - if ESX the service console must also be able to communicate to the iSCSI device. Are you able to ping the iSCSI target using the PING command which will test connectivity from the service console and vVMKPING which will test communication through the vmkernel port? Are using CHAP for authentiation? Did you open the iSCSI port on the firewall? - these are some of the common gotchas

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
maquinaloca
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your help. I did not create a route on the core switch from the isci network to the service console network.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

That will do it -

0 Kudos