VMware Cloud Community
tascheHyaene
Contributor
Contributor

Bricked at an ESX 3.5 U4 download...

I'm currently on contract work supporting a series of ESX 3.0 and 3.5 servers. They were set up and config'd before my arrival and are properly licensed, albeit not directly to me.

A glaring and immediate requirement is to update the 3.5's and the VC to vServer. I logged on with my account to vmware's site to download the .iso's/.exe's and was promptly informed:

-

Sorry, at the moment you are not authorized to download VMware ESX 3.5 Server. You have the following options:

If you have a valid serial number of VMware ESX 3.5 Server and you have not registered it, please register it here, so you can get download access.

If you want to get more information about VMware ESX 3.5 Server, please contact the VMware Sales department per email or telephone 1-877-4-VMWARE.

-

I did download the 3.5 eval .iso months ago, that's the only reason I could imagine that vmware would get crabby about trying to download it again.

But bricked downloading updates for licensed products? Seriously. What gives?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VladN
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have your client's license admin or any other support contact download an ISO.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

And if you do not know who that is I believe you cans end an e-mail to licensing@vmware.com - they whould be able to assist -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

....or have your PLA follow the instructions outlined in this KB article to get you added

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1012219

0 Kudos