VMware Cloud Community
kennygno
Contributor
Contributor

Backup ESX 3.5 with Legato Networker 7.3.3

Hi,

I'm trying to backup the VMs of my ESX 3.5 with Legato Networker Client 7.3.3 through the service console. I already installed the backup enabler.

At first the backup stops after a few KB and I got the error 'Warning inode number changed for /vmfs/volumes...may not be recoverable'. After setting the save-command to 'save -x' I could save the complete 60GB of a VM but I still got the error message. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah this error is seen when you dont have the save -x specified in the backup command, use this and you shouldnt have any problem backing up the vm's. The only other way around this is to specify the full path to each file in the save set field e.g.

/vmfs/volumes/storage1/vm1/vm1.vmdk

Let me know if you get the same warning message usng the full path to backup the files, anyhow i think its just a warning and you can ignore it....ive always seen that error.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
kennygno
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer.

I already use the 'save -x' command. But still get the error message at the end of the backup.

Is there another way to make a full backup of the VMs (inlcuding snapshots)? As far as I know I can make a backup with VCB but will lose the abilty to return to the snapshots.

0 Kudos
kennygno
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know why, but now it is working...

0 Kudos