I have been trying to set up VCB in my environment with
ESX 3.0.1 and Netbackup 5.1 +MP3( All other components are supported\Installed )
I have got platinum support with both Vmware and Netbackup.They have been trying to resolve this for 3 days now with no success at all.
"VCBmounter and BPbrowse-start runs Ok manually"
When I create a policy as instructed in Document with FULLVM option, It fails with an error in "BPNotify_start"
When I check the Pre and Post logs in "C:\Windows\Temp" Following is the error
"Unknown error: C:\Program Files\VERITAS
NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpplinclude vcbptrshp -l is not a valid Win32 application.Exit Code: -2147024703"
I can run "bpplinclude vcbptrshp -l" command manually without any problem, Following is the output
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpplinclude vcbptrshp -L
When I run the "Bpnotify_start.bat" manually I get following output ,
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>echo backup started on using policy , bp
res = 1>>bin\BP_RES.txt
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>call "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Cons
olidated Backup Framework\netbackup\pre-command.bat"
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
I have tried Uninstalling MEdia server from VCB proxy and reinstall everything with no luck.
The Admin console on the VCB proxy is working OK as well
Check the mounting point in config file. If you change it from the default "C:\mnt" make sure you type it exaxtly the same in the policy taking care of small and capital letters. if you are using the default, make sure to type it as C:\mnt\VMName-FullVM
No luck..Reinstalled it all over again, changed the backup selection as you mentioned..same error
Everything works fine manually, not from netbackup policy
Can you please paste the conents of the config.js file located in the VCB folder and pre/post logs. Also in NBU, please check the following:
\- Cross mount points is selected in the policy
\- Timeouts are set as explained below in the readme document located in the VCB\netbackup folder
I finally rebuilt the entire server and the problem got resolved..All the configurations were correct, it seemed to be an internal windows problem as the Pre log kept erroring out with Win32 error
I can't confirm what exactly resolved the problem.
Thank you for your assistance