VMware Cloud Community
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Available License when one of the ESX Server is in maintenance mode

Does the available license count changes if the ESX Server is added into maintenance mode? I think the answer is yes but i want to be sure of it. unfortunatley I cannot test this in my environment.

I have ESX 3.5 update 5 and VC upadate 6

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I just tested this and the available license count for my 3.5 servers did not change after one was placed into maintenance mode. I wouldn't really expect it to if it's still powered on but unfortunately I can't power one off at the moment.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I just tested this and the available license count for my 3.5 servers did not change after one was placed into maintenance mode. I wouldn't really expect it to if it's still powered on but unfortunately I can't power one off at the moment.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos