VMware Cloud Community
freestyle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone else had trouble with Virtual Center ?

I am having a ton of virtual center problems (THIS IS FROM A CLEAN BUILD)

At the moment I am getting thousands of these, just repeating and repeating. As seen by click on ADMIN, SYSTEM LOGS from the VI client

\[2006-07-11 16:04:36.140 'App' 3344 info] \[VpxLRO] -- BEGIN task-internal-405 -- -- vim.DiagnosticManager.browse

\[2006-07-11 16:04:36.156 'App' 3344 info] \[VpxLRO] -- FINISH task-internal-405 -- -- vim.DiagnosticManager.browse

\[2006-07-11 16:04:36.187 'App' 3344 info] \[VpxLRO] -- BEGIN task-internal-406 -- -- vim.DiagnosticManager.browse

\[2006-07-11 16:04:36.203 'App' 3344 info] \[VpxLRO] -- FINISH task-internal-406 -- -- vim.DiagnosticManager.browse

0 Kudos
12 Replies
pjones74
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same thing on my install of Infrastructure 3 Enterprise. I had to take mine off the network because it sent so many broadcasts that it killed my network switches. I'm about ready to reinstall VMWare.

0 Kudos
jdaunt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing these exact same entries as well. Not exactly sure why this is happening. I am getting about 10 per second in the logs.

0 Kudos
vmmeup
Expert
Expert

Do you have the windows firewall runnning in the VC hosts?

Are you running the VC server as a vm?

Sid Smith ----- VCP, VTSP, CCNA, CCA(Xen Server), MCTS Hyper-V & SCVMM08 [http://www.dailyhypervisor.com] - Don't forget to award points for correct and helpful answers. 😉
0 Kudos
jdaunt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The firewall service is disabled and it is a physical server. THe server is up and running with no problems, but it does run incredibly slow.

0 Kudos
jdaunt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone happen to hear any updates on this? I am sure other people are experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
Mike010
Contributor
Contributor

I am also seeing the very same log entries, 5 or so per second non stop on a fresh VI3.0.1 & VC2.0.1 build with only a single host and single guest which is not even running. The next question is at what point will this non stop log waterfall result is a full filesystem?

0 Kudos
gauseps
Contributor
Contributor

Does your system comply with the Requirement to run Virtual Center?

0 Kudos
Dave_Jaffe
Contributor
Contributor

Has there been a resolution of this? I'm seeing it one of my VI3 setups.

0 Kudos
Dave_Jaffe
Contributor
Contributor

Here's another clue for you all:

The Diagnostic flood seems to come on when I select "Show All" from VC->Admin->System Logs. If I stop the VC service and restart it, without going back into Admin->System Logs I don't see the messages in the log file (viewing it with an editor from the directory c:\Windows\temp\vpx).

0 Kudos
vm-matti
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the hint. I have exactly the same feature if I have a look to the logs via the Virtual-Infrastructure-Client. After a restart of the VC service the problem is over. I use VC 2.0.1-40644 and ESX 3.0.1-42829 (very new ;-). I think, I will open a Call, if I don't find any solution in the near future.

0 Kudos
egray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a known issue that we need to fix, vpxd is logging the fact that the VI Client is viewing the log file, thus creating an endless steam of logs while viewing the logs.

Please view the vpxd logs directly with a text utility as a workaround.

0 Kudos
ITTamer
Contributor
Contributor

I have a vCenter update 1 vCenter that is getting this exact same issue. What happned to that fix?

Thanks, Marcus

[

|http://www.itwheel.com]

Thanks, Marcus http://www.itwheel.com
0 Kudos