VMware Cloud Community
Hieu_Cao
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Add 2nd HD Points to RDM

When adding a second hard drive to a virtual machine that is mapped to Raw Device Mapping, should the second hard drive be added to a separate scsi controller from hard drive 1? or can both drive be using the same scsi controller with different scsi id? I can add 2nd hard drive using RDM option just fine, but it's added to the same controller that's connected to hard drive 1. From my research, the 2nd hard drive should have been connected to a different scsi controller when created, but it's not happening in my case, and I've 4 HBAs strorage adapters. I am trying to setup the second hard drive for MSCS on Windows 2003 EE

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I am running ESX 3.5 (82663).

Thanks.

Hieu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since you are setting up MSCS the second drive (the shared disk) should be on its own virtual SCSI controller - check out this will have all the information you need -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since you are setting up MSCS the second drive (the shared disk) should be on its own virtual SCSI controller - check out this will have all the information you need -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Hieu_Cao
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, Weinstein5 for your response and the link to the documentation. It's very helpful!

0 Kudos