VMware Cloud Community
marty2001
Contributor
Contributor

A possible host failure has been detected by HA

Hi User forum

After one of my guests rebooted, I get this error on the host summary: Configration error: A possible host failure has been detected by HA. Do you know how I can clear it apart from rebooting the host please? I have checked the var\logs, but can not see any major errors

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This happened after a guest rebooted or after a host rebooted?

Click on the host and select to reconfigure HA.

If this does not work you may have to remove the host from the cluster then add it back in.

The host needs to be in maintenance mode in order to remove it from the cluster.

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Choosing "Reconfigure for HA" should clear up the issue.

Awarding points for correct and helpful answers will also help prevent this from happening again in the future Smiley Wink

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
dpomeroy
Champion
Champion

Ive also had to do "reconfigure for HA" on all hosts in a cluster to clear HA errors/warning. I've also had to disable HA on the cluster and then re-enable and sometime reboot host to get HA warnings to go away. Start with the easiest first.

0 Kudos
BankTech
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue, Brian's suggestion worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
Texiwill
Leadership
Leadership

Hello,

I have also had to restart VC service to get HA to work due to password issues.....

Best regards,
Edward L. Haletky
VMware Communities User Moderator, VMware vExpert 2009
====
Author of the book 'VMWare ESX Server in the Enterprise: Planning and Securing Virtualization Servers', Copyright 2008 Pearson Education.
Blue Gears and SearchVMware Pro Blogs -- Top Virtualization Security Links -- Virtualization Security Round Table Podcast

--
Edward L. Haletky
vExpert XIV: 2009-2023,
VMTN Community Moderator
vSphere Upgrade Saga: https://www.astroarch.com/blogs
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Texiwill
0 Kudos