VMware Cloud Community
chriseps
Contributor
Contributor

3rd Party Patching Solutions for ESX 3.x/4.x?

Hello,

Our organization is currently researching 3rd party patch management software that would allow us to handle patching for Windows, Linux (RHEL/CentOS/OEL), and VMware ESX 3.x/4.x. I've tried many Google searches but I just come across VMware's product or home-brewed solutions that handle patching ESX only. Our ESX hosts are expanding and it would make our lives a lot easier if there as a patch management software that supported patching all three operating systems.

Does anyone have experiencing with a 3rd party commercial solution that covers the above needs? We're really trying to avoid having more than one patch management software in our environment. At this point, I'm not even sure if one actually exists.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - VMware Update Manager is very effective tool for patching your ESX environment and if you are not aware it can also be used to update the VM operating systems both Windows and Linux 0

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rsaha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos