VMware Cloud Community
gdesmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

3.5 install on hp 680c blade

I am having problems installing 3.5 on this blade. Says "an error occured transfering the install image to your hard drive. you are probably out of disk space" I used the default disk config during setup.

I am trying to install thru ilo as these blades have no cd rom. So I am redirecting to the local .iso image.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gdesmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like this issue was related to ilo2 not working very well under ie7/vista. When I tried from ie6/xp the transfering of the install image to the hard drive completed without error.

0 Kudos
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I connect to DL385s through ilo from my Vista desktop without issue. That said, we have a networking issue which prevents any meaningful installs so I do not use the virtual cdrom option. Could it be a network issue introducing too much latency? Doe the rest of ilo functionality (like virtual console, etc) work?

0 Kudos
gdesmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes the remote console was working. I do not think it is network related. As I now have it working from an xp vm. It seemed to only affect the virtual cd rom/image redirection.

Are the 385's ilo2?

0 Kudos
buytech
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I burned the iso to a cd and booted from the local dvd-rom.

0 Kudos