VMware Cloud Community
glauk
Contributor
Contributor

windows 2008 64 domain controller sloow boot after exchnage 2007 installed and mesage stay in draft folder

Can someone help me with the issue of windows 2008 64bit domain

controller that is installed in vmware esx 3.5. The situation is that we have

installed windows 2008 64 bit domain controller in blade server hs21. There a

separate exchange 2007 server on the windows 2003 64bit server and it’s working

fine. After I install another exchange in windows 2008 64 bit the domain

controller take nearly 500 seconds to start.

The firs I have recreated all infrastructure twice but there Is the same

situation after exchange 2007 it’s installed on windows 2008. Windows 2008 has

all updates and exchange 2007 has sp1 .

Also I have a issue in exchange 2007 server instaled i windows 2008 where all e-mail's are stuck in draft folder ore in outbox in outlook 2007.

When i instaled also in two diferent exchnage 2007 servers in windows 2003 servers it's working perfect. but dhe send and receive for users in exchnage 2007 instaled in windows 2008 does not send.

It can work only if I install on the same server mailbox and hub transport but why not when are separate servers .

I remove all firewall , and security things and still the same. The server runs in vmware esx

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Whats the version of ESX you are using? Also does it takes 500 Sec for the application or for the guest OS. Please make sure that the version we are using is ESX 3.5 U3

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
glauk
Contributor
Contributor

<![endif]><![if gte mso 9]>

Thanks for that we are using esx 3.5 with VC2 . The 500 second delay is

domain controller . That happen when exchange 2007 was installed in one of

windows 2008 servers ( differ from domain controllers) but before we had

exchange 2007 installed on windows 2003 and it was OK with domain controller

startup.

If one of domain controller is active there is no delay in startup of

domain controller . We made some test's when suspending second domain

controller and try to start first domain controller as single domain

controller. The results are startup take very long but when we power on the suspended

second DC the first DC starts immediately . I think the problem is finding DNS

but why that it's not happening in DC that are installed in hardware. The dns

on each DC is 127.0.0.1

The other thing regarding the send receive in exchange server 2007 installed

in windows 2008 it was resolved .The problem was in transport services I needed

to change logon as from network service change to logon to local service.

0 Kudos
shalpern
Contributor
Contributor

Do you get the same result if you do a shut down/power on? We had this problem with our first 64bit systems (Windows 2003) and found an article suggesting that you power cycle instead of doing a restart. That did improve things. There is also an article about moving the page file off of teh C drive and putting it on another drive. That also helped.

0 Kudos
glauk
Contributor
Contributor

That is only on startup. Also we try on mooving page file on D drive and alow system to controle page file and the same results.

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

so one thing is ruled out that no issues with the VM, its the application in the guest which is behaving weird.

Are we seeing any errors in the application log files

Regards

Anil

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

0 Kudos
glauk
Contributor
Contributor

The domain controllers that are out of the VM they staring normaly . I think there is a problem with IP the 127.0.0.1, local host IP address ore DNS.

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

I believe you should involve any Microsoft folk to look at the same. I am not sure why pulling 127.0.0.1 is a problem, as its a localhost address.

Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
shalpern
Contributor
Contributor

I re-read your original post. This sounds like either a DNS or AD problem, not a VMware problem. You should post this on a MS forum and inlcude all the information for both servers (Full IP/mask/Gateway and DNS). I assume you are using AD integrated DNS too, so mention that as well.

0 Kudos
glauk
Contributor
Contributor

We have created the same infrastructure in the hardware all the same as was in esx and there is no problem. Why this is hapening only in VM's. Tomorov we are going to create DNS separate from AD until we find a solution. Something is hapenig in AD ore DNS when Exchnage 2007 instaled in win 2008 in ESX.

Just to let you know we have recreated for the third time the same infrastructure and same hapening.

0 Kudos