VMware Cloud Community
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

when is the next build being released

I'm planning for some maintenance of my ESX servers and was wondering if anybody knows when the next build will be released. I don't want to put my whole plan together and do the maintenace to then have a new build come out a week or two later. It seems like it has been about 8 months since the last major build release.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Rumor has it that the next point release will be available in June, but it's pure speculation and unconfirmed by anyone official.

That said, would you rather install the latest and greatest and possibly unstable release? Or would you rather install the tested and sometimes quirky current release?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Rumor has it that the next point release will be available in June, but it's pure speculation and unconfirmed by anyone official.

That said, would you rather install the latest and greatest and possibly unstable release? Or would you rather install the tested and sometimes quirky current release?

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yeah it's a shame they are so tight-lipped about any release dates for patches and maintenance releases. I would hate to setup a ESX server and install 25 patches just to find out the next maintenance release comes out a few days later. They tend to go about 6 months between releases so hopefully June will be the magic month.

0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

God I hope so, I have 28 servers to setup over the next little while. They've got to get this patch thing handled.

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos